Frequently Asked Questions

Importing and Exporting

There is a comprehensive guide on the HMRC website for importing and exporting. When you have the information, you need give us a call and we can tell you how we can help you.

Yes, you will need to be EORI (Economic Operator Registration Identification) number registered. You can find the link here that will take you through that process.

Yes and you will also need to complete an online application transfer of residence (TOR) found here before moving.

This question has so many variables that we feel it would be better to let one of our customs experts discuss your specific requirements. Please complete this contact form and we will contact you at a time to suit you.

It stands for Economic Operator Registration Identification) and is required to enable you to import & export. You can find the link here that will take you through that process.

A commodity code is a 10-digit number allocated to goods to classify goods. Every item will fall under a commodity code and this dictates the duty rating. It also informs if there are any import or export restrictions. You can find further information on actual commodity codes here.

ATA Carnets will need to be presented at an approved premise to be endorsed. If you are travelling on Eurotunnel or ferries from Dover then this will need to be done at the customs office in Dover Western Docks, post code CT17 9EQ. At the end of the transition period this may change, and a full list of approved premises will be published later in the year.

ChannelPorts is authorised to complete and stamp these documents. Please get in contact here to discuss your needs.

A T2L is a document that is used to prove the status of goods going to special territories of the EU such as Canary Islands.

Please use our contact form if you have any questions and we will contact you at your preferred time.